Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Victoria's Secret Inspired Hair

I don't think it's possible for me to count the amount of times people ask me how I style my hair. I find it even more amusing to see their reactions when I tell them I use a straightener to get my curls. So today I decided to show you guys how I get my "Victoria's Secret" inspired hair look. It looks great on any hair type and all lengths. I used to rock it every day with my long hair, but ever since I got it cut I haven't tried it out because I thought it wouldn't look as good. Well, I was wrong. I've been really enjoying how it looks with my hair length at the moment. If I play around with it and tease it a little, it gives an edgier, rocker vibe. Plus, if ever I want long hair again I can just use extensions.




You will need:

-Straightener
-Hair brush
-Clips and hair ties to hold your hair in sections
-Heat Protectant
-Moroccan or Argan oil
-Smoothing cream

I purchased my ghd straightener in Australia and it is by far my favorite

Bumble and Bumble have such great hair products. This
is perfect for smoothing out my hair after styling.

Great heat protectant and leaves hair looking shiny
You spray it throughout your hair before you use any heat on it

This stuff smells amazing and lasts in your hair all day.
I rub it through my fingers and then spread it out evenly
on the ends of my hair.

How to curl with straightener:

Grab a section of hair with your straightener

Twist it once around the straightener

Pull down as if you were straightening your hair normally, while keeping the twist

That's it! I clip my hair into three sections (bottom of my ears to the bottom of my scalp, then my crown to the bottom of my ears, and finally I finish with the top section of my head). I like to do one strand away from my face and then one strand towards my face so that the curls look more textured rather than all one way. The strands around my face I curl away, not towards so it gives a more "wind blown" look. Also, you can use hairspray to keep the curls in place, but I enjoy the feeling of non-crunchy hair, plus my curls hold all day long without any.

How it looks from the back

I keep the top section of my hair (near the roots) straight so the curls look more fallen

View from the front


How it looked with my outfit for the day
I Hope you guys enjoyed this post!
Let me know if you tried it and how it worked out :)

**I will be dyeing my hair soon, so I'll do a whole blog about that experience!

More beauty, fashion, and everyday lifestyle posts to come :)

xx,
Alex

PS- Check out my YouTube channel for funny videos, beauty videos (soon to come), and vlogs!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. tanks broooooo
      love you see you soon with food xx

      Delete
  2. saw this through Dan :) thanks for the tutorial, i love this hairstyle but never succeeded in doing it right. Question: do you let your hair air dry first or do you blow dry it/straighten the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess, thanks :) My hair is naturally wavy so I usually let it air dry (or I wash my hair at night and then sleep on it and do my hair in the a.m.). I begin straightening the top and then I twist it around half way down, or wherever I want the curl to start. If I'm in a hurry and my hair is wet, I will blow dry it until it's about 80% dry and then leave the rest to air dry. Since I have thin hair if I blow dry it fully and then straighten it, it will completely break at the ends and look gross. Anyways, hope this helped a little!

      Let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Great tutorial. I've tried using a straighter to curl my hair, but it definitely never looks as good as yours! I will have to attempt it again.

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete