Saturday, January 19, 2013

Get Ready With Me! ♡

Hey guys! I want to start off this blog post by saying THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading my blog and leaving a bunch of sweet comments. AND for helping me reach 1, 200 hits with just three posts! That's crazy! I'm really enjoying all the feedback you guys are giving me (through comments, texts, and in person). I've always wanted to start something like this but was always too shy, so thank you for helping me come out of my shell :) Love you all!!

Anyways, on to the point of this post. For the past 4 and a half years I have been watching YouTube videos religiously. From comedy all the way to beauty I've enjoyed every video. It always helps get me in a good mood and it has taught me so much. I've always been fond of the beauty community because I was very much into makeup. I've learned loads of tips and tricks and have shared them with my family and friends. 

People who I don't know as well often comment on my style and makeup and ask how I do things certain ways. I've always wanted to start posting videos on YouTube so I thought, "what would be a better way?" 

Now, let me begin by saying that I know I don't have perfect skin. I have the occasional acne break outs when I'm stressed or if it's that time of the month, but that's what I love about makeup! It can hide anything. I'm not saying I need makeup to feel good about myself because, trust me, I leave the house 80% of the time with no makeup on. I just feel like makeup is a luxury, not a necessity. It's an art and one of my favorite hobbies.

So, today I decided to film the "Get Ready With Me" tag that a bunch of YouTube beauty guru's are doing at the moment. This is how I will usually do my makeup (if I have the time) to run errands, go shopping, etc. It is my every day "natural" makeup look!



I will always do a messy side braid when I can't decide what hairstyle I want to do.

Thanks for watching, reading, commenting, and supporting!
xx,
Alex

Check out the video below! :)

8 comments:

  1. love it Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex!! This is the cutest vid ever !! I love your getting ready routine! keep em coming. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love your tutorials and I have one question actually concerning your makeup brushes. How often do you clean yours and with what technique and product?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the compliment :)
      I was actually thinking of filming a video showing how I clean my brushes.
      I don't purchase cleansing products for them just because I like to use home recipes instead. I use a little bit of either dish washing soap or baby shampoo and a little bit of extra virgin olive oil! It's as simple as that!
      I mix the brush between those 2 products and then rub it off on a clean plate and rinse the brush in luke warm water. I then squeeze out the excess water and let the brush dry (preferably upside down in a glass so the glue doesn't loosen up from the bristles) and then after a couple of hours they're ready to use!
      Thanks again!
      xx
      A

      Delete