Friday, January 11, 2013

MAC Obsessed...

Throughout my early teenage years I was always obsessed with different brands of lipstick. I used to love going through my moms make-up bag and trying on all the different types she had. When I was old enough to have a job and start making my own money, I began purchasing all types of lipsticks for myself. I'd usually stick around the beiges, nudes, and pinks just because I was young and they could be worn as an everyday lip color without being too noticeable. My favorite brands were Revlon and Maybelline. I normally purchased drugstore make-up because I was young and was only working a part-time job so I didn't have $20-$50 to throw away on high end products. As I got older I began to make more money and started experimenting with all different brands. I love YSL, Chanel, NARS and Makeup Forever. But lately I've been trying out MAC products. I don't know why I never tried MAC before. I think it's because it was so popular with my friends that it would almost annoy me. But after hearing so many great things I decided to stop trying to be a wannabe hipster (not that YSL or Chanel are hipster but they're different from what people I know normally buy) and try out the products that everyone raves about. Guess what... I'm in LOVE! The consistency of the lipsticks are so smooth and creamy it feels like I'm rubbing butter on my lips, as weird as that may sound... They also have different types of lipsticks (matte, cream sheen, glossy, etc). I feel like I've been living under a rock.




Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite ones that I've collected over the past little while.


                              The back row second to the last on the left is my new favorite.
                               It's a cream sheen called Lickable. Def gonna wear this all the
                               time :)



Here's a picture of how MAC's "Lickable" looks on my lips.


Here is a link to the MAC website:

I hope you enjoyed today's beauty post!
More fashion, beauty, and every day stories to come soon :)

xx,

Alex

PS- Check out my YouTube channel for funny videos, beauty videos, and vlogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment