Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence Oscar's 2013 Makeup Tutorial

Being someone who has always been a crazy movie fanatic and critic, it may come as a surprise to some of you that I have never really been completely obsessed (or interested) with the Oscar's. I mean, I wouldn't have complained if someone was watching it in the same room as me, but I was just never truly interested. That changed two years ago when Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the movie, "Winter's Bone". She was very new to the acting industry so it came as a surprise to a lot of people when she was nominated. I, on the other hand, never doubted it. She did a fantastic job. So of course I wanted her to win. She was up against big time actresses like Michelle Williams, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman, and Annette Bening, so I didn't really think she would. It would have been quite amazing if she did!!

When I was 13 and wanted to be an actress (like most 13 year olds do) I always dreamed that if I would be invited to the Oscar's, I would wear a red dress. I don't know why. Maybe because the carpet is red, but it was just something that I used to envision in my head. When Jennifer walked out on to the red carpet in a beautiful Calvin Klein red dress, I was more than excited. I know this may sound weird but I feel like I live my 13 year old self's dream vicariously through her. Not only are our personalities very similar (assuming she really is how she comes across in interviews) but we seem to have a lot of similar interests. I feel like a lot of girls think this, so that's why everyone feels like they're best friends with Jennifer Lawrence in their heads ha ha. She's a very humble, well-rounded, and down to earth person, and I like how she doesn't try to change that about herself even with all the fame.

When she was nominated for best actress again this year for her performance in, "Silver Linings Playbook",  I was positive she would win. It was such a great film and I thought she was phenomenal in it. When she did win, I had a grin from ear to ear. Not only because she won, but because she fell on her way to get the award! It was so funny but so cute and typical.

Anyways, the point of this blog is to explain that I thought she looked absolutely stunning on the red carpet, so I decided to re-create the look for you guys. It was a really pretty taupe/neutral smokey-eye, with pink/nude lips, classy hairstyle, and a beautiful Dior dress.

Check out the video below to see how I re-created her look :)


Classy Jennifer Lawrence after accepting her award :P

Thanks for reading!
xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment