Friday, March 8, 2013

What's In My Shower?!

The other day I came across a series of videos on YouTube called the "What's in my shower tag". My first reaction to video tags is usually very confused, but I actually really enjoyed this one. I thought it was cool to be able to see what products people used in the shower and why they use them. It's a great way to find specific products that benefit you. For example, if you have very fine, straight hair that has no volume, and you watch someone who has a similar problem, you can see which products they find useful!

Now, I am definitely no dermatologist or hair dresser, so I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to hair/skin care. All I know is what works for me (by trial and error). I have thin, fine hair. It was very curly when I was little but now it's wavy/straight. I don't understand how it changed so much. I used to be so blonde that it looked white when I was younger, but as I got older it became a more dark blonde, mousy brown... so I dye my hair. I used to bleach it back in the day when that was cool, but once all my hair practically fell out I decided to stop doing that. In the winter I get low lights and in the summer I get highlights. The last 2 months I decided to go a subtle ombre which actually worked out really well because nobody can tell that my roots are growing in. It's great! 

I have a dry scalp (ew) during the winter months so I had been on the hunt for a really moisturizing shampoo (but one that doesn't make my hair look greasy). I searched around the internet and found that Lush has a lot of really natural, organic products that work really well for skin/hair care. I decided to give it a go. Love, love, love! Their BIG shampoo is by far my favorite. It not only helps with my dry scalp problem, but it gives my hair crazy volume! Bumble&Bumble has also been a lifesaver. Their products are amazing. And of course I can't forget my love for Soap&Glory. The smell is to die for plus their products are extremely hydrating.

Check out my video where I go in to detail about the products I like to use.

Oh, and FYI, I shower daily but I only wash my hair every 3rd day. Washing your hair everyday is a no no :)

Thanks for reading!
xx,
A

PS- Let me know in the comments/inbox if you like these kinds of videos :):)

How cool is this waterfall shower? 


No comments:

Post a Comment