Thursday, March 14, 2013

Effy Stonem Makeup Tutorial

Who here watches skins? And when I say skins I mean the British version (the American one sucked). It was definitely one of my favorite television series as a teenager, so I decided to re-watch it recently and have fallen in love all over. It's a show full of drugs, alcohol, sex, and a group of messed up adolescents who deal with a series of problems. Each episode follows one character from the group and tells their story. It's a very interesting show that I would definitely recommend to someone over the age of 18 haha. It's a mature show for sure.

In seasons 3 and 4 (there are only around 10 episodes per season) new characters are introduced. My favorite character by far is Effy Stonem. She's one of the main characters of season 3 and 4 (only appearing shortly in seasons 1 and 2). She's a very dark character and it's so interesting to see how she develops through the seasons. Not to mention she's stunningly beautiful. 

I was inspired to recreate her makeup look after watching the show again. It's so different for me so I thought it would be kind of a challenge.



Effy keeps her face very nude and natural, but then her eyes have a super dark look to them. Very Gothic.











If you're interested in a seriously effed up, complex story, then I would highly recommend this series. Plus, British accents are super sexy.

Check out my tutorial for her look below!

xx,
A

1 comment: